The Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) is built on community-based risk and protective factors approach for prevention and a series of guiding principles that can be utilized at the federal, state/tribal and community levels.
The SPF requires states and communities to systematically:
- Assess their prevention needs based on epidemiological data,
- Build their prevention capacity,
- Develop a strategic plan,
- Implement effective community prevention programs, policies and practices, and
- Evaluate their efforts for outcomes.